View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 01:40 PM   #137
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
My city lost K-Mart, Sears, and Toys 'R Us in a matter of four months. The age of department stores is over.
Sad isn't it? Admittedly I do shop online for some things, and I can see the convenience of having it delivered to your door, but sometimes it's easier to just go into a store and physically 'see' everything to make a decision on what you want to buy. Sometimes you'll see unexpected sales in a physical store, which aren't always as obvious online. Also, it's less rewarding to sit and wait for a delivery. With clothing, I HAVE to try them on first, esp. if they are fits, brands, and styles I'm not familiar with (and I'm a weird fit in general).

But Toys R'Us closing is indeed sad, because for some of us on this forum, it's like the end of our childhood memories, Some of us bought our first NES games in those stores in the '80s, and memorable action figures from cartoons and movies. But deep down, we'll all forever be Toys R'Us kids!

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote