View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 10:33 AM   #86
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Couldn't really be let down by Luke Cage on account of the fact that I knew jack and squat about the character prior to reading "Alias." I will say that I loved him in Jessica Jones, and in this. That actor is just...he's so great and oh so easy on the eyes.

Regarding the show...
Spoiler:

I found the pacing very interesting. It was a slow burn the whole way through, which I was not entirely expecting, but settled into as the story progressed.

I will say that it made me want to rewatch Jessica Jones, because I couldn't remember some key stuff from there that I think would have made it easier for me to just sit and let the story wash over me.

I couldn't help shake the feeling that I was missing a whole lot of context. Can someone with any familiarity with Blaxploitation flicks from the 70s let me know how this worked as a homage?

Can't get enough of the soundtrack, and am really looking forward to throwing money at that when it comes out.

I liked it a lot, probably a bit more than Jessica Jones, but that's only really because I loved Alias a whole bunch.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote