View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 01:14 PM   #74
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I still can't believe there's a new Dragonball series airing in the year 2017, for a franchise that originally ended way back in 1996.

It just boggles the mind all those years of people spreading rumors in the early 2000's of Dragonball coming back with a new series like, "AF" or something after GT, and it actually happened in 2015. And even better a direct continuation of DBZ and ignores GT.
That isnt' surprising at all, dude. They kept making DBZ games in the current century. That franchise is a huge cash cow. There's so many goddamn DBZ products out there that no one can even keep track of them.

DBZ is a really odd phenomenon. Every time a rerun airs on TV, people born between 1981 and 1992 will watch it again out of nostalgia purposes. How does that show have such a long lasting nostalgia for it and how it's able to appeal to anyone from age 16 to age 36 is beyond me. They say it's because it was the first ever shounen anime to become a big hit worldwide, but before DBZ people were watching Saint Seiya and Captain Tsubasa in Europe and Latin America. Tsubasa has nostalgia for it but nowhere on the same level as DBZ whilst Saint Seiya doesn't seem to be talked about as much and mostly having a cult following nowadays, I guess?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote