View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 05:48 AM   #89
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
1. Qui Gon is a dumbass character that does nothing except bore the audience until he f*cks off and dies

2. Obi Wan sits in the ship and complains the entire movie

3. Darth Maul had 0 character. What a cool halloween costume.

4. Yeah, Naboo was nice. It didn't feel very star wars though

5. Nothing of interest happens on Coruscant.

Your reasons for liking the movie are all visual. If it's eye candy, you like it. Notice how you didn't mention the great writing, emotional moments, or the effect the movie had on you? Why not? Because the Phantom Menace has none of that and it sucks.
All visual? Your troll ass need to go back to kindergarten to learn how to read again and understand what people actually say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
1. Qui Gon is awesome and everything I expected Obi Wan to be. Obi Wan I don't care for. Darth Maul works as a silent badass, we didn't need to see more of him, he's better that way just as Boba Fett was when we got more of his backstory and personality in Clone Wars the character suffered. Naboo isn't Star Warsy? What the hell, it's a universe tons of planets totally different what do you want another dessert planet like we got with Jakku? The politics in Coruscant are some of the best things in the prequels. Episode I has a story that mimics but doesn't rip off EpIV like VII does. You get a simple story but it works and sets up the trilogy, Qui Gon dying was done fairly well and I thought Anakin did a good job as well. Notice how everyone who bashes EpI nitpicks stupid details like Jar Jar, young Anakin and boring political scenes.
Ditto. And Phantom Menace is the only film that was re-release in theaters recently, in glorious 3D nonetheless. It also has an accompanied soundtrack for that.

Ep.1 has a large following and it shows.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote