View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 11:49 AM   #5
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Lots of discussion about the vinyl over here at this thread as well. I ended getting the Raphael variant (of course) yesterday and I'm so excited to finally get my hands on this. Last night when I checked both the Michelangelo and April O' Neil variants were sold out, but looks like they're both available again.

The only real slight nitpick I have with this release is I'm not 100% sold on the cover art. I know it's Eastman and all, but it feels more like an IDW comic variant than anything that feels like a representation of the film. I don't know, maybe I'm a little spoiled by how incredible MONDO's recent 1990 film posters have been that it just doesn't really click with me all that much. Yeah, I'm sure it was cool to get Kevin involved and it's special to have a franchise creator have input ... but it overall doesn't gel with me as much as I'd like it to.

Still ... I've been begging MONDO and Waxwork to finally get the John Du Prez score on vinyl for years now it seems so it's amazing that we're finally actually getting this!