View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 08:04 PM   #22
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I like James Rolfe. He seems so humble and hated all the hate he got regarding his stance on the newer Ghostbuster film and why he didn’t have an interest in seeing it and that he wasn’t going to review it, despite many people requesting it. I also didn’t know his daughter had been sick. What was her ailment?

So yeah, I like his Nerd videos and was watching his videos when he was still the Angry Nintendo Nerd. Not sure what my first video was, but I did find him entertaining. My fav Nerd eps tend to focus around eps on actual gaming systems, like the Sega CD/32X and the Atari Jaguar are a couple of examples. I also like how he gives information on what he may review, so yeah.

I watch his other stuff too, occasionally. One thing he used to have on his site years ago, was this type of history of Batman thing…onscreen stuff, which included information about the 1940s serials. Wish it was still there. It was very well-informed, imo.

Let’s see, the only negative about his nerd persona is the gross-out humor, which I’ve never been particularly a fan of in general. Even as a kid, I couldn’t tolerate stuff like Ren & Stimpy after a certain point because it was too gross for me. One review, that I know of, that I have never been able to get through, is his Toxic Avenger one. It was too crude for my tastes I guess.

Oh, one review that comes to mind that I do find pretty hilarious, mainly because the game actually exists, is the Hong Kong 97 review. IMO, that wasn’t the AVGN, that was just James being James. lol
The onyl instance I remember James getting some flack was in that time where he and Mike promoted someone else's kickstarter campaign or wtv it was and that guy turned out to be a scammer in the end. I dunno, it was some years ago already and I never bothered to research much about that controversy. Someone else enlighten me, please.

Well I didn't watch the newer Ghostbusters either. Doesn't appeal me. I wonder how James felt about Bay Turtles tho. James really likes the Turtles but, from what I gather, he's pretty much a FW and movie fan only.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote