View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 08:14 AM   #35
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
We've already got Injustice 2, which is probably my wife's favourite fighting game (and she's a massive fan of fighting games in general) so this is... very welcome news. I usually abstain from buying DLC, but I might have to make an exception here. First Hellboy and now this. NetherRealm is killing me here.

I really dig the look of them. When I first clicked the link, I was terrified we'd get some overly-complicated, jacked-up BayTurtles designs, especially considering some of the overdone costume alterations we've seen in the Injustice series already, but these look a lot like the Henson movie designs, just with a tiny bit of extra wraps and straps a la IDW. It's a solid, classic look. They're even shorter than the standard "human" characters!

And it's an extremely minor thing, but I appreciate that you can (assumedly) swap out the '87-style coloured arm and leg bands for Mirage/1990-style brown:

https://s17.postimg.org/s9xs020xr/injusticetmnt1.jpg

https://s17.postimg.org/9hlwwgwtr/injusticetmnt2.jpg

The only DLC characters that do kinda annoy me in Injustice are the Mortal Kombat ones, because... y'know, there's already a whole game for them. I get that it's a callback to MK vs. DC, but I just find it underwhelming in a comic fighting game to not get more comic characters instead.
I'm completely with ya on everything! Who would've guessed that in a game we weren't expecting to see the TMNT in at all ... we'd get some of the coolest designs. I cannot wait to see some gameplay footage of these guys.

You're right too in regards to the Mortal Kombat characters, it's not like Batman or Superman get thrown in as DLC for their series. There is that call back, but I'd much rather have other comic franchises thrown in if possible as opposed to MK characters in these.