View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 10:45 AM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I have to admit that while I still love the show these hiatuses have made my excitement for it wane over time. Long hiatuses may suck, but I find it harder to get excited to get back into it when it returns when we know that just after a few they're going to rip it out of our hands again.

It's like reading just a few chapters in a book and then the library wants it back for a few/several months before you're allowed to borrow it again. Who wouldn't forget and/or move on?

At least back in the 80s and 90s this problem didn't seem so bad because a series usually at least owned its time slot. Back when the original cartoon was on after school every day, even if there was no new one it at least had a repeat. I know Nick as been re-airing the newest ones these past weeks, which is great, but its a shame that hasn't always been the case or, like the old days, on every day after school instead of this stupid early Sunday nonsense.

Granted I know the Nicktoons channel shows it a lot more, but plenty of people don't get that channel so then to them, what, the show barely exists at all? It's just kind of insulting that the Turtles just barely get to be on THE Nick channel, when there are other certain yellow spongy things they saturate it with, even, most insultingly, with its own repeats during the Turtles time block if TMNT don't have a new one.

I don't get it, esp as Nick even now still claims TMNT to be one of their big important properties and is looking to do another series. Important, and yet shove them aside to whore out the sponge.

I'd assume only temporary ownership of a time slot these days could be down to an overabundance of shows compared to 25 years ago, were it not for the sponge hogging so much of it. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Spongebob and do watch it sometimes, but geeze... move the hell over and give others some space to exist.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote