View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 07:23 PM   #471
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYWInsaniac View Post
I mean, they did save Earth from two Kraang invasions, one Triceraton invasion, and literal destruction via black hole, plus whatever adventures we didn't see happen before the M-Bomb and whatever adventures happen AFTER Mutant Apocalypse. If we stack those accomplishments against literally any other man, team, or army in human history, nobody comes CLOSE to having saved as many people, as many times, as the Turtles did.

We call people "legends" for achieving FAR less.

I also don't think failing to stop the M-Bomb would prevent them from being remembered as legendary. We revere heroes for their accomplishments, and sometimes even for their heroic failures. Americans have remembered the Alamo for close to 200 years, and for 2,500 years we've told the story of the heroic Spartans who lost the Battle of Thermopylae.

I don't even think they had to be world famous in their lifetimes, let alone before the bomb. There are a lot of artists who died poor, only to be world famous posthumously.

And I think Renet only interferes in time-altering events; events where an outside force like Savanti Romero changes the timeline. I'm sure not telling the Turtles that they would fail to stop the M-bomb was her Edith Keeler moment, but if Renet exists then clearly a global apocalypse is integral to the history of her civilization. You can't stop World War 2 from happening and expect the same world to exist afterwards.

Really the big hangup is "where does Renet's civilization come from?" I personally think that there are pockets of humanity that survived the Mutant Apocalypse. The asteroid might have wiped out most of the dinosaurs, but some species survived to evolve and populate the world we know today.

And remember, even though Raph told us that everyone is dead he's not omniscient. He hasn't seen any humans for 40 years, but that doesn't mean he's correct about literally 100% of humanity being wiped out. And unless Renet is some kind of being who exists outside of time, or some kind of alien, then her civilization must have come from SOMEWHERE.

AND, if that civilization did spring out of the wasteland, the Turtles must be pretty famous after defeating Maximus Kong and finding the Green Place. Maybe famous enough for people to want to know their story, where they came from, what their life was like before the apocalypse.

It's not unreasonable to think that legendary story would spread through the tribes who were oppressed under Maximus for decades, and that includes whatever pockets of humanity survived and grew into the time-faring civilization that Renet comes from.

That's all my head-cannon. I just don't think of the Mutant Apocalypse as the end of the story, but rather the beginning of an epic new era of TMNT (and world) history.

-JJ
Even by going with the info presented on the episodes we already see the Turtles changing the world for the better, they unified 2 rogue groups under their leadership, they defeated Maximus and ended his rein of terror, and they found the place of legends said to be a paradise, those things right there are the work of Legendary heroes IMO.