View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 06:07 PM   #62
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Most of this issue was excellent. Loved seeing Casey and Hun team up against the Triceratons, we got to see Bishop secure his funding, and the last scenes with Splinter forbidding his sons to fight was well done. Splinter is really starting to go off the deep end even if he means well. Burne's debut was a nice easter egg and that one Triceraton lit on fire was brutal.

If I have one complaint...it's that April's parents just wasted page time and felt like filler. Every other character used was great, but do we really need to see April's mom reunite her old passion for a news reporter? Just think those 2-3 pages spent on them could have been spent on more fighting with the Triceatons or more time with the Turtles/Splinter at the end.

Other than that the issue was a 9/10. I'm almost sad this is only one issue more, as far as I'm concerned this could have been a 10 issue story arc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I really love how cold Splinter is. He's treating his kids like allies, not family... and none of them are pleased with it.

Splinter's character arc since #50 has been astounding, and I can't wait to see how much further he goes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's the most interesting take his character has gone on. Very curious how long it lasts, although I get the feeling Splinter will die around issue 100.

Bishop of course will likely turn back on mutants/Splinter, etc. as soon as the Triceraton threat is over. Still waiting for him to attack Burnow Island as well. I also like how former enemies like Baxter and Hun are becoming allies. Karai will likely be a rival to Splinter when she returns to NYC and Koya is probably going to get herself killed with her desire for vengeance.

Between that, and the Patheon still making plans from the sidelines, it's quite a lot.
Well put, agreed. This is a favorite arc, for sure. The series is really its own, these days.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote