View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 01:02 PM   #119
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
It iterated me that the 1987 Turtles had to be trained by another set. The Nick Turtles came afterwards so its like an oldest brother being trained to beat up a bully by a brother who is much younger. I would like to see the 1987 Turtles be the focus opposed to the guest to see how it would play off on the other side as you mention. Nick did better than Laird and co. but still not the way the 1987 Turtles were.
More like if an older brother had a younger brother from another universe whose world is so different that the older brother struggles to fight at first and must be trained. And then he still succeeds.

Besides, the amount of time dedicated the 80s turtles "Bashing" is pretty small for the length of the 60 minute crossover. They start struggling at around 15 minutes when meeting Nick Bebop and Rocksteady, but at around 30 minutes in they fully adapt and are just as effective as the Nick versions. Thats only 1/4 of the total run time, even less if you count TransDimensional Turtles in.

After they adapt, its never again brought up negatively and the 80s turtles not only fight flawlessly alongside the Nick versions, but are also complimented by them. Nick Mikey even sees potential in them while they struggle, and I loved that part since hes my favourite of the Nick turtles.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote