View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 06:46 AM   #18
Prowler
Emperor

Angry? Not all metal is like that. Bands like Saxon, Iron Maiden, Judas priest, etc. certainly don't make "angry music". Thrash metal isn't really angry either.

Death metal isn't really about anger either. Unless you mistake the growling for anger. But when you say "angry" music I assume you mean songs with lyrics about hating everything and everyone and being edgy. That doesn't fit traditional heavy metal, thrash, power or death.

Nu metal and core have ruined the perception of metal to many people, I fear.

And ofc metal has never been as mainstream as girly pop nor will it ever be.

I went to see Iron maiden in 2013 and saw plenty of teenagers and young adults like me at the venue. Grande Maiden are one of the biggest metal bands ever, so a lot of people including those who normally don't listen to metal attend their concerts, but it's not that rare for me to see people aged 25 and below wearing metal band t-shirts. Tbh I live in a large city, so maybe that's why I see a wider variety in subcultures than some of you do. Or maybe Americans just don't care much for metal? Now that I think about, most of the metalheads I run into online are European. And many who don't identify as metalheads listen to some bands as well.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote