View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 01:00 AM   #79
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
In that same vein, some equate that 'misgendering' with literal violence. So yeah, the real Orwellian stuff is not far off.
Pretty much a thoughtcrime.
And then those people surprised when they are called "snowflakes".
Insults are bad, of course, but equating them with real violence?

It seems some societies move towards idea of making generation of stupid timid complacent "well adjusted" sheep with no identity whatsoever.

If we continue this line of thinking, in the society where personal identity is absolute - every statement might look like an offense, because, virtually any statement about yourself or someone else, might be interpreted as violation of personal freedom / expression.
Say that you are young - you offend old, say that you are white - you offend every non-white, say that you are woman - you offend bunch of narcissistic men...well, guess some things won't change, but still, you've got an idea.

In the end, natural order of things will win, because, people who would be fighting on daily basis who is more deserving to be called woman and why naming part of female biology is a REAL (?) violence against those who never had it, will become an easy prey for people who are not obsessed with this stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo_thebest View Post
Again, the more young kids learn to not be afraid of who they are, the better adjusted a society we will have.
Or more unstable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo_thebest View Post
Dude. you're the only one freaking out. You be you, but that you is clearly a cis-bro. That's normal for you, but not the norm.
I can't wait for Donnie to assert they are non-binary, and watch you implode with rage.
I am a normal person. Not "cis" or anything of your ridiculous and offensive language.
And yes, being man who likes to be a man is normal. Being woman who likes to be a woman is normal.
Being a man or a woman who doesn't like to be a man or a woman on a biological level (not due society sexism) is NOT normal. It is genetic defect just like blindness or deafness.

And I won't care if creators of the series will pander to crazies. I have accepted that at this stage of society evolution, people will do everything to get those "good guys / moral superiority" brownies.