View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #70
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
The head writer at the time, Nimoy, didn't like the character and purposely wrote "Davis" that way. I hate characterization changes with anything in general, unless it's a cultural issue thing. I can give a bit of leeway where that's concerned.I was wondering about that too earlier in this thread.
Yah, that's not right. It's fine if you hate the character but just cuz you do doesn't mean they should change some ones work
Yeah, not very professional.

Quote:
Quote:
I was only assuming that Ken would be a student at Odaiba Junior High School as well as Takeru, Hikari, and Daisuke, but I couldn't see them not attending, other than Ken. He does live in Tamachi and it probably would be a hassle to get the train to Odaiba everyday. Miyako was about to start Odaiba JHS in movie 4 so we know she's there.Here's something interesting. Yamato x Sora was planned from the very beginning. I like Taichi x Sora but it always came across as one-sided to me, until 02 where you could see that Taichi had finally fallen for Sora.
So, the Zero Two cast would attend different high schools?
They wouldn't be in high school. They would be in junior high school or middle school and Iori would still be in elementary school for this upcoming series. I'm going by Japan's system.

In 02, all of the older kids were junior high school/middle school students, although it's unknown about Mimi since she was in the US. Maybe she was in high school.

The younger kids were all in elementary school (Odaiba Elementary) and Ken was at Tamachi Elementary iirc. Ken's the only one who didn't live in Odaiba.

As for the older kids for the upcoming series, there is a chance of them attending different high schools (I'm already expecting it for Jou). You have to test into high schools in Japan since high school isn't mandatory.
Quote:
Beh, I never saw the connections between Matt x Sora, it just seemed like a random pairing added in cuz the writers loved Matt more than Tai

They hardly had any interactions in series one, not to mention the film almost made it seem like Sora x Tai they'd become canon at the end.
Hopefully the Digimon people saw the hatred of the Matt x Sora pairing and change it
The novel is more in depth and movie 2 was supposedly not canon as far as that went as it wasn't intentional. Even in Bokura no Wargame (movie 2), it seemed one sided. Taichi didn't come across as liking her at all in that way.

Seems the main people who had a prob with the whole Yamato x Sora thing were those outside of Japan. It's like Matt x Mimi. Outside of Japan that seemed popular. Yamato x Mimi was never popular. Koushirou x Mimi seemed to be at one point and there's a drama cd to prove it. lol
Quote:
Quote:
In the original ep where Taichi was encouraging Sora to face Yamato made more sense. She didn't know about Taichi's feelings at all. Neither did Yamato. The dub, some told me got the impression that Sora wanted to face Matt but was worried about hurting Tai's feelings.
That's odd, in the film it seemed like they hinted she knew of Tai's feelings and was happy about it. Was that dub added like what happened with Poke shipping in the first couple of series? That's messed up
That had to have been added in. As for the Satoshi x Kasumi (Pokeshipping) thing, I still feel that it would've been made official if it would've ended when it was supposed to. There is that video of Kasumi with a kid.
Quote:
Quote:
Yamato x Sora, Taichi x Sora, didn't matter to me. I liked both. lol. I liked a lot of pairings. I should post up a list. lol
I guess it's better to think that or you'll just get disappointed
Even if I didn't, I wouldn't have cared too much either way.
Quote:
Quote:
[spoiler]Favorite Goggleboy
Motomiya Daisuke (Digimon Adventure 02)
Matsuda Takato (Digimon Tamers)
It's nice to see some Davis fans, those are hard to find
I really liked him, but didn't care much for "Davis" but really liked Daisuke. His image theme is nice too. He pretty much praises the goggles Taichi gave him and treats them preciously and views it as his Crest of Courage. I liked him because of how friendly he was, and despite his crush on Hikari, he seemed to value his friendship with her and the others more. It was great how he wasn't affected by BelialVamdemon because he was content with his life.
Quote:
Wow, long list
Yep. lol

Last edited by ssjup81; 08-20-2014 at 12:58 PM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote