View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 03:08 PM   #248
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I loved how GOTG beat out TMNT as that movie was way better. And, yeah, I didn't really know the characters that well, but that made it all the more fun and the action was great, too. That movie nailed it, and I definitely can't wait to see the second one. But with TMNT, I just had a vibe it would be wrong and it was. Sad thing is, my sister's stepsons love it and keep telling me it's hilarious and that I'll like it. I just keep saying, "Nope, not my thing." What I really want to say is, "Well, you haven't been a fan of TMNT as long as I have, so it's going to be good to you. For me, it's not good because I've been a fan of this franchise since I was a kid and I know what works and what doesn't. This movie doesn't work."
You know what the funny thing is? I recently started getting my brother into TMNT by making him read some of the comics and watch a few episodes of the show. So, he didn't see the movie with me because he was at camp when it came out (and he didn't see me walk out of the theatre, either.), and I made him watch in December. From someone who has only seen 6 episodes of TMNT tops, and who has only read the first few issues of IDW, even he knew something was up. The first thing he asked was where Hamato Yoshi was, and he thought Shredder looked like Megatron. The only thing he didn't pick up on was the fact that April was the main character. So, you know your movie's bad when the younger ones can pick up on the movie being bad.