View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 03:45 PM   #25
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
As I said before the cop in involved in the Minnesota shooting WAS NOT PROPERLY TRAINED it is very evident.
Here is a good article from the post that breaks down the FBI Supplementary report. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/18/up...says.html?_r=0
The study discussed in the podcast that I linked to, and that you approved of, showed findings that level of training gave most police a higher reliability of threat assessment rating, the exception being those people who work closely in and around the gang units.

Those people are still just as trained as their brothers and sisters in blue, but are apparently more susceptible to reacting on their own inherent biases when placed in a position to make a snap judgement.

Or to paraphrase: They're more likely to shoot first.
Just like this guy.

So the matter might not be an issue of him being poorly trained, but with the training itself.

Quote:
Also PlastronCafe you can say people understand, but they don't and trust me its not like fire fighters. Fire Fighters don't have to guess if a fire is friendly or not. A Fire Fighter does not respond multiple fires a night. Fire Fighters know there enemy and don't have to make judgement calls like police officers do.
Do you know any firefighters, because it sounds to me like you don't.

Quote:
You say "people understand that police put their lives on the line" But frankly most people don't. Most people have never had to fight for their lives, most people don't know what its like to fight for a gun with a man who is bigger and stronger than you, but unless you have felt that adrenaline rush....that fight or flight instinct, you have never had stare death in the face.
Now imagine you had to go through all of that, and you aren't getting paid for it. Imagine it's not something you volunteered for.

I have a link regarding "Who Gets Killed More By Police:"
When Force is Hardest to Justify, Victims of Police Violence Are Most Likely to be Black
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.

Last edited by plastroncafe; 07-07-2016 at 04:06 PM.