View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 10:47 PM   #76
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
You are either misunderstanding statistics or willfully misinterpreting them, which I hope is not the case. Black people in America, as pointed out, make up a relatively small percentage of the population yet must deal with some of the heaviest hands in matters involving the police. Very rarely do they get the same benefit of the doubt that white people get. Denying that fact is either naive or malicious depending on your intent.

I don't think you can tell me why most people sign up to be a part of the police force because that is something only the individual in question can know for certain, and they can easily make up a false reason to tell other people.
I think I actually can tell you since I have seen and experienced it first hand. I don't think you have a clue what sacrifice most officers make.

But also I don't think I am misinterpreting the facts or stats. I have spent numerous hours with this very issue. If you could please explain how I am miss interpreting the data that would be great, instead of just telling me I am wrong..... Thats gets us now where

Quote:
cop who shot the unarmed Australian woman in Minnesota (who, if I recall correctly, was in fact the person who actually called the police) is facing charges. Is it a coincidence that the cop involved in that incident is black? Let's hope so. That's still only one cop out of the near countless police shootings of civilians that occur each year in America. A person committing a crime is not grounds to murder them, it is simply justification to arrest them and process them through the justice system (which has its own numerous flaws).

And so your solution is to enforce compliance with an armed police force by teaching children not to question authority but to simply follow orders? I feel like you would have loved Germany in the 40s.
I honestly think that politics are more of a driving force behind the minnesota incident than any, due to the fact it was a Australian National killed.

But also you are going extreme with the Germany Comparisons. My point being is if a cop wants to talk to you you should not run. That way this situation could have been avoided.

Quote:
have you completely divorced the situation that many black people find themselves in from its historical concept? You do realize that the vast majority of black people living in America were brought here hundreds of years ago, stripped of their culture and humanity, forced to work in inhuman conditions until death, and then even after they were declared "free" were forced to deal with rampant prejudice and unfair laws? Jesus ****ing Christ man, read a his try book. At the least, read up on the history of police here in America, which you claimed weren't founded to protect corporate/sociopolitical interests. Time Magazine did a piece on it a last year.
I feel like you a just not reading my post at this point or I did not make it quite clear in the first place. I was trying to explain that black minorities in this country had such a disadvantage when it comes resources and education that it is ridiculous. I was suggesting that proper community resources and better education would help tone down the disparaging difference in economic and crime stats. Lower crime stats means less likely to have run ins with police officers, Better education and resources means better quality of life.

Quote:
I don't even know what else to say, man, I think it's pretty apparent that you've drunk the "Blue Lives Matter" Kool-Aid and you ain't coming back from that anytime soon.

I'm not saying that there aren't any good cops out there, I'm just saying that you need to be more willing to question what is passed off as the "official" story and why hundreds of unarmed citizens needed to die for no reason, or at least why countless more black citizens are simply shot down while white citizens are brought in unharmed.

Thanks Candy Kappa, dl316bh, and everyone else who posted relevant statistics/facts in this thread
I think all lives matter...Life is the most sacred thing in the world and should only be taken as a last resort. Its really weird that you say "White People" are arrested unharmed when infant I posted a link show a cop killing a white guy that was literally unarmed on the ground but now is crying over it. I am frankly quite tired of this Narrative of Cop vs Black People, Black vs Blue that everyone seems to be focused on...Its ridiculous how the media is dividing this country.

I am going to try list my Basic Points Below Again....
-We need a National Standard for Police Officer Training.
-All States Should have a special prosecutor to investigate and prosecute police shootings
-We need to teach kids in school to never fight a police officer and how to interact with police.

Prophet I am really not trying to take a side and I have my own bias and tendency like anyone else, but I am trying to find solutions to this problem...