View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 09:27 PM   #57
Kit31
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Agree with what you guys said, the bad schedule, early release of last season eps, AND I'd like to add the fact that after a while the commercials to remind people that it's going to be on or returning from hiatus were few to none, AND where it is on Nick? The regular channel. It got the "privilege" to air a new ep ONCE on the main channel and that's it. Good luck finding a repeat. Want to see any of the show, then you better have Nicktoons and prefer to watch old repeats of a few seasons ago. (Meanwhile the damn Sponge will air multiple times a day on at least three of their channels...)

While Nick may see TMNT as still viable enough to jump this fast into a new series, someone who makes the decisions of when and where their first one aired really could have not cared less.

Will be curious if they treat this one the same after a bit, or if it's aligning itself enough with the Spongebob level of cartoons that it will have the privilege of being around more. Empty calorie shows, so to speak, get the attention these days, while many 'smart' shows get buried...?
Boy, I couldn't agree with you more on all of this. I'd specifically like to point out that Nickelodeon fooled around too long in airing season 4 - almost a year and a half to complete it. Season 5 had many reasons for the series tanking in ratings, but the handling of new episodes had to be one of the biggest ones. The other thing I'd like to point out (which Indigo touched on) is shows that are more mature, better written, and have potentially darker tones don't seem to fit in with most of Nick's other shows. That's why they get abandoned or thrown onto their sister station without so much as a word about it on the network.

I was incredibly disappointed in the treatment of Korra in the last two seasons. I'm not sure if Nick's decision to move it to Nicktoons/online only had to do with season 2 being extremely dark for a kids show or not. TMNT got away with a hell of a lot for being on a kids' network. The only more mature show that seemed to be given the treatment it rightfully deserved was Avatar: The Last Airbender. Great show, dark at times but not overly so, but still more mature than most of their shows on there. And it STAYED on the parent network in its entirety.

That being said, the only shows that Nick really pay attention to are Fairly Oddparents and Spongebob. If you're neither of those, then prepare to get pushed aside in a year or two after debuting. However, the only real show that is on Nick's radar full-time is Spongebob. Butch Hartman said FO was cancelled five or six times during its run. So yeah, SB lives on for some unknown reason to me. I've grown to despise that show over the years and I even liked it for the first few seasons.

Last edited by Kit31; 03-31-2018 at 09:44 PM.
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote