View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 12:08 PM   #11
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
What I love is that the NFL went and made THIS a priority.
Not the traumatic brain injuries.
Not the fact that they employ rapists, abusers, and murders.
Hey, on this I agree.

Personally, football is an item of disgust, for me. Between the fact that it's literally a meat grinder that leaves people brain dead and half-crippled before middle age, and the fact that a good percentage of the participants are violent criminals who couldn't even fit into society at all if they couldn't throw far or run fast, and will ALWAYS be excused from even the worst wrongdoings based solely on their athletic ability rather than their value as a human being (or lack thereof), but it's this huge point of obsession with people... it just really bothers me and always has.

It always upset me whenever people glorify what is, in truth, the worst parts of humanity. And that's what football is, and what its fans are about. "I don't care if he's a rapist, he's great on the field!" Or, "I don't care if he killed all those dogs," or even, "I don't care if these guys' brains are turning to soggy Corn Flakes, so long as I'm drunk and entertained!"

I run into an uncomfortable amount of football fans who will openly declare, "I don't even CARE if O.J. did it. He was the best!" Like, okay, this is no longer "a game", it's a cult that worships the absolute worst of humanity, putting them on a pedestal like kings.

People are lucky I'm not in charge; I'd shut the whole thing down. Dead serious.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote