View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 05:14 PM   #245
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Another thing I took away from this series is that its really inconsistent on the topic of revenge.
I don’t think it was ambiguous. Think about it. Splinter never sought out Shredder because he strongly believed that revenge was pointless. Splinter seemed to give him an ample amount of chances to drop the unnecessary one-sided feud between them. If Splinter wanted to, he could’ve taken him out, but instead, he chose to incapacitate him by hitting all of his pressure points. He weakened him, and even then, it was in self-defense as he was about to stab him.

The case with the turtles finally taking out Shredder struck me as being a last resort since they were obviously planning on demutating him. It also felt like a last resort since, at this point, he was much too dangerous in his current form since he had a serious vendetta. It’s like their hands were forced and tied. Splinter came to Leonardo and let him know that Shredder was still alive. It’s like Mikey said, he could go after April’s father or Casey’s family (found it weird this was mentioned…foreshadowing maybe?), not to mention her, who was still in the hospital and wouldn’t have a chance of defending herself. Revenge was definitely more than likely sprinkled in there, but it still felt more like the Turtles were doing this to protect not only themselves, but those around them and those associated with them. It wasn’t for revenge alone…so yeah, this is why I didn’t feel that this message was ambiguous. Also, if it was solely for revenge, I don’t think they would’ve had Leo trying to get through to him regarding fate and stuff.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote