View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 08:14 AM   #78
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
Really? Now that's interesting. I'm in the UK and don't have the Nick channel, so other than a couple of episodes I've managed to catch on YouTube, I've only seen what's available on iTunes, which currently stops at Battle for New York. From what you say, they may well be paving the way to shift April's focus to a separate show.

Is there are a market for a non-turtle-centric TMNT based show? That will be interesting to find out.
It's not the first time in tmnt history that April had her own spin off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaph View Post
After April O'neil: The Movie, I can't get on board with this at all

There are much more interesting supporting characters in the entire Turtle Universe, Karai for one or even Tiger Claw. Hell, I'd love a series that focused on only Oroku Saki and his slow rise to the top of underworld, maybe even Karai and him, Now that would be interesting! But yeah, Judging by the 'art' if that is actually it, it seems they want to appeal to more female 'kawaii type' audience yet they don't realise how many females actually like just the turtles. SMH...
I honestly think that they're not really trying to go after the female audience who have already been invested in the the original show because they're the small minority of the target demographic. They're going after the girls who don't watch the original show and try to appeal to them with things that are believed that all girls (I assuming age 9-11) will undoubtedly loved.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls

Last edited by Luckyday; 08-30-2015 at 08:40 AM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote