View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 12:36 PM   #52
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I believe some interviews when the Wolfman came out in 2008 or so that they would like to revive all the mosnters like they did with wolfman. Obviously that didn't happen either and this "Dark Universe" has been in development for quite a while.

I was surprised by how they started announcing all the movies after the Mummy since interviews kept mentioning they weren't going to rush out a connected universe but they wanted to, a few months alter they say "oh it's the dark universe and we're doing all these movies".

I'm surprised by the high caliber actors they got for the movies. I mean I never expected Tom Cruise in The Mummy. Now to me I'm not really a fan of Tom Cruise but any movie he is in is at least reasonably entertaining since he is indeed a pretty good actor. I just find the concept of monsters very difficult to pull off in today's age, these movies would work better as period pieces and even then it would be hard to do. I think the Mummy and The Mummy 2 mostly worked since they seemed to be more of an Indiana Jones type movie, I don't really know since i've never watched them but that's what I always got from the trailers.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote