View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 06:34 PM   #140
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I've been following this site I put below for awhile. 27,000+ deaths worldwide. The good thing (well, I suppose relatively speaking), is that 90% of the deaths are people aged 80 or above. And then 70+ year olds.

So it's people at the end of their natural lifespans. If it was all young people dying this would be really worrisome. But if you look at this:

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...-demographics/

Most people dying are 70-80+ year olds. So at the very least it's not something most people will die from.
The fact that it worse affects older people is not a good thing. Surely we should be doing everything we can to protect the older generation from this not breathing a sigh of relief and shrugging our shoulders and think "ah well they had a good innings".

Also younger people can die from this even healthy ones without pre-existing conditions and while cases vary with some mild they can get extreme symptoms too. It doesn't sound like the kind of virus you'd want to have just to get it over with. It can make living hellish for a long time.