View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 12:33 AM   #5
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

World building galore.

And no, not just on the Utrom side of things . Although, that wouldn't be an exception.

Spoiler:
I'd have an "absolutely no one is 100% evil" rule. Even Shredder. Even Krang. Even the "Big Bad" Triceraton antagonist that I'm working on. She's a young Regenta who is trying to take up the fight against the Utroms to get attention from her parents, for the most part. The Utroms find out about this toward the end of the story, and only respond with feelings of schadenfreude and pity. As well as embarrassment that they've been fighting against a whiny brat all this time.

The conflict is mostly made by as a comedy of errors and massive misunderstandings all throughout - most of which are being made because of the turtles being 15-year-old boys who in spite of their rigid training and having two intuitive members among them, still don't take the time to process certain events logically. Also by Krang and Saki rushing through decisions on Earth and making everyone under them a little worried for their respective mental healths. They're fine with the Triceratons, but the Earth mutants just keep giving them the run-around.

Mutagen is an experimental wound cure-all that the Utroms were developing in their war against the Triceratons, but it does not heal injuries in humans - rather, it works a bit like the nanogenes in Doctor Who. With Earthlings, it confuses mixed DNA and bonds the two together, even if it's just left from a touch. Which is how the "mutates the last animal something touches" effect works in this case.

The Foot Clan were protectors of the Utroms after WWII, seeking a way to cling to their dying traditions in the wake of Japan working for the West. Saki's friendship with Yoshi collapsed when he married a Chinese-American Tang Shen, who worked at the New York branch of TCRI. The destruction of the New York TCRI takes place during the turtles' mutation, when Saki and Yoshi got into a fight that ultimately caused the building to go up in flames.

The Hamato family fell apart with Yoshi mutating in attempt to rescue some lab animals - including the turtles - and one rat that did not survive the fire. The mutated Yoshi flees with his mutated turtles to his friends, the Jones family, who have access to an old speakeasy they can hide in, and don't ask questions.

Shen remains alive and flees to Northampton, with her infant daughter Miwa as a cat, and the mutated laboratory mascot cat. Knowing there were many other mutations, she set up a halfway home for them away from the Utroms so they can hope for a cure without having to remain with the aliens, and have a hidden spot with a human to shelter with. The turtles go to Northhampton after losing a battle with Shredder per Dr. Xeinos' instruction, telling them that there's a woman helping mutants live more peacefully. Thereby, the reunion with Tang Shen and Yoshi takes place relatively early in the story, but hey, it mixes things up a little bit. I don't think it's something that belongs at the end of the story, honestly.

Krang remains the son of Emperor Quanin, but his mother is also present - as well as four younger siblings. He and Ch'rell are domestically linked and have a daughter named Aska (explanation: Utrom biology is complicated and to be discussed elsewhere. In short: even SJWs would be confused by how their sex and gender works), who works with Saki and Karai's daughter Himiko as Foot Assassins.

Oroku Saki is the son of a Foot Clan ninja and a woman who later joined him there. They met helping the victims of the Hiroshima bombing and has been brought up being described as the only good thing in their lives that resulted from being there and the results of it - besides their marriage.

April O'Neil works for Baxter Stockman, who works for TCRI. The MOUSERS happen upon Splinter by accident and reveals the hidden mutants to Krang, whose ambition is to destroy mutants that were not originally human - or too far "gone" from their original forms, such as what Muckman would be categorized as. And she only meets the turtles while they and Casey break into the new TCRI to rescue Splinter, and they get him out of the lab before the Utroms are able to reverse his mutation. Irma is her roommate, who works with Vernon Finwick...who is married to John Bishop.

Bishop's story is basically the same as it is in the 4Kids show. Abducted by aliens in 1812 and dropped in New York in the modern day, but was found by Vernon, who was his guide through the modern world. Ultimately, once he found his own way, he managed to get his way into the EPF. Vernon seeks out information on the mutants to help his husband, and Irma helps him just because she's curious about it and is already generally nosy.

Apart from the turtles and the Mighty Mutanimals, there would be another mutant group: The Mutant Misfits, made up of Snakeweed, Seymour Gutz, Muckman, and Joe Eyeball. And any other non-animal mutants that wouldn't really fit in with the other groups that I'm not thinking of at the moment.

While I want to think I would make a mishmash of different versions, it just seems like I've crafted my own take??? I'm not really sure what to compare it to.

There's a lot more that I have in mind, but that's the basic idea. I'd develop more at another time and another place, but I'd have to find it.