View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 12:59 PM   #4
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Some of my favorites:

The Professor Obligado serial (very fun, but delves into the minutia of the Utrom underworld that was seeded throughout Vol. 4 and Tales Vol. 2).

Casey Jones, Private Eye (acts as a good prologue to TMNT Vol. 1 #14)

Choices (cool Old Man Raph story)

A Christmas Carol and Ghosts of Christmas Past (not explicably stated to be connected, but always felt like a two-parter to me, featuring Raph and Leo dealing with past failures in a different way on Christmas then coming together at the end)

Complete Carnage 'n Radical (introduction of two recurring characters, so important to continuity)

Turtle Soup and Rabbit Stew/The Crossing/The Treaty (original TMNT/Usagi Yojimbo crossover told through three back-ups)

Digital Webbing Presents TMNT (not vital in story, but I loved the art and coloring in this thing)

Fifteen Years Later (excellent epilogue to Chet's story; an important character no one realizes is important)

Fun With Guns (basically the Bodycount miniseries if it was short and not terrible)

Ghouls Night Out/The Howl (awesome for the Talbot art and horror vibe)

The Lesson: A Tale of the Triceraton Marines (damn good Laird art with focus on the Triceratons; earliest story that tries to humanize them in some way)

The Road Trip (fun pantomime story I've always liked, by Eastman)

Spinal Tapped (hard to come by, but an enjoyable comedy-centric Savanti Romero tale)

Terror by Transmat (first story to directly name the Utroms, feature the Turtles fighting the Triceraton Commandos)

Untitled Nobody Story (Nobody's second appearance, technically)
Thanks for the GREAT start! I can use Google for a lot of these, but do you happen to know where many of these are originally printed?