View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 08:39 PM   #6
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Same here. Some people don't even know about the Nick toon here and thought the Turtles were back for the first time in years when the Bay movie was announced. The 2007 CG film also went by somewhat unnoticed.

But it seems to be a universal thing. I've talked to people of many countries and many had no idea about the 4Kids series.
I don't really agree with you on some of that, when the Nick show started you coold see it everywhere, the toys had huge displays in toy stores, in fact Toys'r'us had an entire section just for them in their stores, you could also see publicity everywhere, like a huge outdoor display in Campo Grande and even Donnie plastered all over the side of the subway trains. It did die out a little recently but you can still see toys on every toy isle around here, usually peg warmers though but I think it's like that all over Europe, heck I even saw some of the Mega Bloks sets last week on Jumbo, they where all gone 2 days later so people are still aware of them.

Also the 2007 movie got great publicity back then, especially when you had someone like Nuno Markl involved on its dub, in fact it's the only movie you can still buy in stores here other then the Bay one.

But yeah, the 4kids show kinda went oover everyone, it still aired completely dubbed and I do remember seing some toys and DVDs back in the day, but people didn't made a huge deal out of it, my girl used to love them when she was a kid though, she still sings the opening from time to time.