View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 04:40 PM   #69
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I think the quality will be relatively the same but that the B.O. will start to decline after it but that's more of a superhero movie fatigue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
I don't know where they get it (two heads better than one?) but the Russo brothers have a great penchant for managing large-scale ideas efficiently and effectively. They know how characters would and should interact and their editors are very good at bouncing the audience around before they get too bored of one thing.

Not Whedon. Hoooo-boy not Whedon. His fight scenes drag on, the dialogue is grating, and his characters seem very shallow because all he can ever attribute to them are numbskull quips.

Civil War has some problems, but none of them are as blatant or as confusing as Age of Ultron's. So glad he's not returning to the MCU. Being generous, I'd give AoU a 4/10, and the first Avengers a 6/10. Walked out of the theater very dismayed both times.
I will say that I was left with a much better impression of Avengers: Age of Ultron when I watched it at home, and I could take breaks to get snacks or go to the bathroom or just take a breather. Seriously, a movie can only be so long before "more is more" is no longer true. It's all about balance. And I enjoyed the first Avengers right off the bat, but like I said I have a soft spot for Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Sure looks like it. And it's not even, like, original events. It's all sequels to previous events.

"Civil War 2," "Secret Wars 22," "Infinity [insert random name, starring Thanos]."
Yeah, these universe-spanning events have got to stop. But I don't even think I can go back to reading pretty much any Marvel comics anymore, the illusion has been shattered. Continuity is a lie in a universe that has gone on this long and where so much has happened but somehow all the characters are always returning to their status quo.

I like to read comics where things matter and the stories are driven as much by the characters as the events they find themselves caught up in
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote