View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 03:11 PM   #83
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
I actually don't want that to happen. I'm afraid if Sony gets their hands on it, like The Shark is Still Working, they'll ask for it to be significantly cut down. I'd much rather it get an independent release, like Crystal Lake Memories and Never Sleep Again.
I just don't see why studios would spend money on producing docs and then put in a half-arsed job. The fans shouldn't have to pay to make a documentary, especially about something like Ghostbusters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Funny enough, the doc is way stronger in several key areas due to being fan-produced.
I believe that even though I haven't watched it. It's just sad studios like Sony don't licence these docs out.

Quote:
Thanks for posting!
Glad to help.

Quote:
Have you seen the DOOMED doc covering the Corman movie? It's fantastic. (Pun intended)
Probably watch it this weekend. I think not having a proper release of the 1994 movie is an injustice considering how much worse later FF movies were. I mean someone must have a negative of the movie?

Quote:
It WAS considered a flop, but is somewhat revered amongst cinephiles now. Citizen Kane also flopped.
Yeah I know but you saw how Disney treated the film on it's recent anniversary. A screening and a barebones blu-ray release and that was for celebrating 20 years!
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote