View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 03:15 AM   #31
Davetello
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Jon Bon Jovi is one of my favorite artists of all time. I'm more a fan of everything up to the year 2000, the last few albums seemed more like audition pieces for the Hall of Fame than anything, but on the whole his stuff is great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
I agree. Bon Jovi was one of the first bands that I started listening to and I still think they're one of the best bands ever. Songs like Livin' on a Player and It's My Life are timeless. I would never consider them to be a guilty pleasure. No other band has made songs like that.
Yeah, their earlier stuff was probably more classical rock, some of their later stuff became more poppy. I have heard lots of people insult the band so I wasn't sure whether they could be considered a guilty pleasure or not. I have heard some elitism regarding the band. Overall though I like their material.

I listened to the "Crossroads" album a lot as a boy. And here's a tale for you - the reason I slept through 9/11 is because I'd got up really early to go and buy a new Bon Jovi album, and when I came home I was still very tired. They must have released a new album around that time in Britain.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote