View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 10:08 AM   #49
Davetello
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Heh, it wouldn't be the first time Fox aired a "kids" show that was rather questionable in content. But hey, TMNT got one episode rejected and another unaired, so I suppose the censors weren't completely asleep for this show.
Ha, that looks pretty controversial. I've kept that show open in a window to learn more about it - thanks for alerting me to it. I do respect that Fox were trying to push the envelope though.

I have been meaning to watch more anime, actually. I've only seen Death Note and 90% of Monster, I'd like to start watching Code Geass, FMA:B, Darker than Black etc.

Yeah, Hun and Garbageman being conjoined twins was probably the most sensitive thing about the entire show. No surprise the ep wasn't aired. I'm not sure children would be able to handle an issue such as that. "Insane in the Membrane" was probably the darkest episode of the show. My little cousin still tells me it scares him, lol.

Like many on here, I read the Mirage comics AFTER I watched the 4kids show. So when Leo 'decapitated' Shredder, you can imagine that I was shocked. It all made sense after Shredder was revealed to be an utrom, but it was something which you'd imagine many kids may have struggled to understand (and struggled with even more when Shredder picked his severed head up).
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote