View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 02:50 PM   #16
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisardo View Post
First off, TMS did "Turtles on Trial"? Wow, that's awesome (and news to me; I heard it was Toei who did that one)!
That's what everybody tells me. I guess they're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisardo View Post
I will say on the subject of multiple outsourced animation studios animating various episodes, that was just how it was back then, esp. with tight time-constraints. They had to get an entire season done quickly, so multiple studios were needed to complete this arduous task! I think even the 2003 TMNT toon had a few overseas studios that were used, though talking about models and all, it wasn't as obvious with the 2k3 toon that multiple studios were used because they were pretty consistent throughout. The 1987 TMNT toon and BTAS however, were more noticeable as there was less model consistency (same for PP&P and Gargoyles).
See that's my problem, the FW series had almost different art and colouring styles between the animation studios and I wondered if this was intentional by Fred Wolf or negligence. In comparison see Batman: TAS animation comparisons on YouTube and it for the most part all looks consistent. I don't want to say Bill Wolf was slacking off and I find it odd for Fred Wolf who was integral apparently in keeping shows like DuckTales, Wuzzles and Gummi Bears on model that he could let this happen. Season 2 wasn't even a long season and that has one episode looking radically different to another. Compare The Incredible Shrinking Turtles to Mean Machines then to Invasion of the Punk Frogs to Catwoman from Channel Six. Every episode is different and I'm not sure why the animation studios didn't lock into a consistent art style.

The shows you listed that I left out of your quote from what I remember all looked stylistically the same even with different studios working on them.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote