View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 01:46 AM   #15
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Given this show, it sadly probably was just as simple as Donnie trying to change them. He wasn't saying they were using them wrong until they actually were, such as Leo using it on Meat Sweats instead.

I mean, a shock collar that electrocutes him when he throws out a "one liner" doesn't seem to have any other apparent function unless the damn thing had been malfunctioning and electrocuting him wasn't intended. In which case Donnie should have immediately noticed and been pretty concerned.

It's actually kind of amusing that Donnie wanted to change traits about this version that some/many fans might find annoying (maybe less so for Mikey), but as a brother that kind of sucks of him to do. So that kind of sucks if Donnie has himself become that type.
I still don’t think he was trying to change them exactly. I have no idea about the shock collar but Ralph’s helmet could have just been to help him strategize cause he likes making tech stuff. Not that he purposely wanted to change him. Same reason for Mikey’s suit. Just a cool tech gift to help him out.

They probably won’t revisit the gifts but I wish the writers would have at least explained why he made them. Just a simple line for each would have been enough.