View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 03:37 PM   #356
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Can't believe all the young kids of today own cell phones. I remember when I was a kid I was so bored waiting between classes, or sitting in a doctor or dentist office, or in the car with my parents...with literally nothing to do. If iphones existed when I was a teen, I'd be either going on the internet or playing games, etc. Sure I had a Gameboy when I was younger but I didn't take it with me outside mostly.

It's weird. I often wonder if the teens of today get bullied and their cell phones stolen. To have something as expensive as a cell phone stolen in school must be crazy, when I was a teen we never had anything that expensive in our pockets in school...you knew it could always get lost or stolen. Hell, I didn't even carry a wallet to school, just like a few dollars in case I wanted to buy a snack.
Didn't you ever bring your Game Boy along to play some Tetris at such times?

Yes, I was NEVER allowed by my mother to take Game Boys, video games, toys, comics, etc. to school because she feared I'd either lose them or someone would rob me. Which is understandable since she paid for those items. And I hated sharing my stuff anyways.

I got my first cellphone when I was 10 in 5th grade. my mother bought me a Nokia 3210. Never lost it or got it stolen or was in situation where I was close to losing it or getting it stolen.

I did know some kids in 2003-2005 who had very expensive cellphones, though. Which made me feel uncomfortable. Aren't their parents afraid that their kids will damage them or get it stolen?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote