View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 03:15 AM   #64
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Yes, I have to agree with Leo. Mass shootings as a whole have gone up since the 1950s, steadily and then seemingly exponentially in the last 10-15 years, but up until Columbine really, the concept of shooting in a school was almost unheard of, certainly that's the first time such an incident made the news here in the UK. And now look where we are today... the night club shooting in Florida, the festival shooting from a hotel in Vegas, and several school shootings with multiple casualties, most caused by schoolkids, or people who used to go to the school.

As noted, most of the regulations put on the table to try to resolve or present such actions would not have prevented things here in Texas. Neither would it for Sandy Hook, as the guy took his uncle's weapons. Most mass shootings are carried out with legally held weapons, either the shooter's own, or belonging to someone they know. What needs to happen is for tighter regulations to keep a weapon in the first place (and if you think the laws are strict in some parts of the US, come to Europe and check ours out) and for people to have better weapon storing policies and rules. I know many responsible gun owners have their weapons in hard to access locations, and I applaud them for that, because that needs to happen for everyone imo.