View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 06:40 PM   #3868
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
What's the point of so many rangers returning? For MegaForce I understand since it was the anniversary using Gokaiger megabattle footage or whatever. But here I think 5 rangers returning a la Operation Overdrive would've been better as it would give each Ranger enough time to get some dialog in, instead of maybe ONE line like in Megaforce.

I'm also tired of Wes returning, Tommy I can forgive since well it's Tommy. Is it confirmed Rocky will be Red Ranger? I really hope not, Blue Zeo would be great but I'm guessing they'll want to go for MMPR Nostalgia with Tommy using White to make it different. If Tommy wore the Black Ranger suit I'd be psyched. If Tommy wears the Green suit I'll be disappointed.
I see your point about a lot of rangers returning. It doesn't help that it'll also be for just one 30-minute episode. "Forever Red" had ten rangers and was also just one episode, and I think that turned out fine. So maybe there's hope.

Spoiler:
Rocky would be using the Red Ranger powers. There were pictures of the filming going around, and they showed weapons like the Chrono Saber, the Drago Sword, and the Power Sword. Jason won't be involved. So it's Rocky. So I also think of it as making up for him being missing in "Forever Red".

It also looks like Tommy will be the Green Ranger again. It's the ranger form that JDF prefers, as he thinks it's where Tommy was the most interesting. So what JDF wants, JDF gets. That's why he used the Green Ranger powers in "Legendary Battle". In fact, here are some links to TokuChris' tweets on the matter, which also confirm what powers Tommy, Rocky, Kat, T.J., and Gia will be using.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TokuChris...542888961?s=20

mobile.twitter.com/TokuChris/status/1003511282106970112?s=20

So it looks like Trent will be involved after all, along with Antonio and Chase. So I guess we have our ten rangers, plus Tommy, who I guess we know would have to be involved.

That actually brings the total up to eleven, just like how we thought we'd be getting just ten in Super Megaforce. I guess since Tommy is involved and he's supposedly the greatest ranger of all time, they need ten average joe rangers as support.

Out of everyone in this mix, Gemma might be the most interesting one to me, since she'll be active with all of these rangers without her brother. She'll probably be annoying the others with her penchant for blowing things up too.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote