View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 11:22 PM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

So... what do you think the Turtles did between seasons 8 and 9 of the FW series?

You know, in Turtle Trek the Turtles apparently defeat Shredder and Krang for good by destroying The Technodrome in the process. Then season 9 comes out and Dregg replaces S&K as the main villain. But clearly some time passed between Turtle Trek and The Unknown Ninja. In season 10, Landor and Merrick told the Turtles from the past(season 8 ) that they'd meet Carter in about 2 years. So, therefore, it seems obvious to me that between Turtle Trek and The Unknown Ninja two years have passed.

As we can see at the beginning of the episode the Turtles are watching a video of them fighting a bunch of ninjas on a rooftop. Which is odd considering by that point ninjas were barely a thing in the show anymore. They looked rather similar to Megavolt's ninjas iirc?

I guess the Turtles were basically fighting random bad guys, none of them too major. Also, I assume that's the time period where they met Chronos? But I guess nothing really noteworthy happened in those 2 years. The fact Shredder and Krang don't get even a single mention during the entire run of season 9(except in the theme song...) makes me feel the Turtles genuinely believed both to be defeated for good. And the fact tehy just allow a teenager they just met into their group sorta says the Turtles had relaxed and felt safer than ever at the time.

But maybe some of you can think of interesting and cool thing the Turtles might have done between "defeating" Shredder and Krang and meeting Carter? Thoughts?

PS: Also, I know I always mention this when I talk about Carter, but him knowing about Hamato Yoshi and bringing that up so late in the series was odd and hard to swallow. Not to mention the show was becoming quite scifi heavy by then, so it definitely didn't feel like NINJA Turtles anymore.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote