View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 02:10 PM   #214
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Vinyl sounds "warmer" allegedly than CDs, but of course CD files can be mastered to sound "warm". And the speakers you use have an effect on that as well.
I seriously can't think of any upsides vinyl has over CD. They're big, they self-destruct after a number of plays, they only hold a relatively small number of tracks per side. Nevertheless, amazingly vinyl sales have been pretty good recently. I think it's largely, as Andrew said, hipsters who take it seriously and not more than a novelty.
I personally rather have the CD. Vinyl's cool and all, but it would just sit there on my shelf and look cool. That doesn't appeal to me.

LLL is the right label for this and they've hinted at it in the past.

Quote:
I just miss the feel of actually handling media. it's all digital now. tired of always using a mouse. I think my hand is permanently in shape of one now
The majority of the limited edition/expanded soundtrack market are physical media and they usually aren't available to purchase on the digital market, though I have noticed a few here and there (like Varese's expanded Gremlins 2 release).

Last edited by sgtfbomb; 01-31-2018 at 02:18 PM.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote