View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 08:40 AM   #311
Powder
So tired of this place

Watched it, loved it. Really, really good. Loved the first one but found this to be even better, minus the borderline obnoxious amount of "jokes", which were really just crass words like "turd" being thrown around unfunnily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
* A lot of good laughs but man, a lot of misses too. Probably more misses than hits. But there are some really good hits. I wished they dialed it back a bit. There doesn't need to be a joke, or an attempt at one, literally every 10 seconds.
I agree with almost all of what you said but most especially this part.

Overall though, fantastic film. Amazing visuals, great characters/performances, lots of fun. Not a Marvel movie guy at all, but this series rules.

On a different note, watching both of them makes me feel so bad about TMNT. Their movies could be as good as these, in the right hands. You've got the playful humor, emotional weight, lots of romping about, adoptive family themes, space/extra dimensional stuff, rogues galleries, all done perfectly. When Yondu & the gang were walking through the barracks of that ship & bodies were dropping like flies from his arrow wizzing around, it made me think "Damn, a scene like this with the turtles would be insanely cool, just switch the arrow with ninja stars" as an example.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote