View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 01:02 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
Speak for yourself. Many of us on this site have plenty of problems with 2-5, while consider the first season leagues better. Obviously, there are plenty on here who like those seasons, but it certainly isn't the rest of us..
That's not what I meant, I meant the vast majority of people enjoy the show as a whole, which is true. I'm rewatching Season 1 right now and while it is indeed great, it's mostly because everything is starting off and more "down to earth" so to speak before we had new mutants and tons of new characters.

Shredder only had Dogpound and Fishface as henchmen, Karai only shows up mid-season. We don't even get Tiger Claw till Season 2, Baxter doesn't officially start working for Shredder till the tail-end, and of course no Bebop/Rocksteady yet. Along with that and no Casey, no Mutanimals, and no other major characters, everything felt more "tightly-knit" so to speak.

The slow-burn approach of Season 1 worked well, but if it stayed that way the whole show would have been stagnant.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote