View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 09:17 AM   #6
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Comic accurate...

I guess the 2003 show wins that on some technicalities.
  1. The volumes of stories used and common characters is far greater (not really fair, I know, but it is a factor).
  2. April is actually a programmer and not a reporter.
  3. Hamato Yoshi does in fact kill the envious other man, who isn't the Shredder.
  4. Splinter does not lose an ear.
  5. The Foot Clan are not a bunch of runaways.
  6. The Turtles do in fact fight the Shredder before the store skirmish.
  7. It does contain an adaptation of the Leo micro and it is Leo who gets injured.
  8. Splinter is actually present on the farm.
  9. The farm is stated to belong to Casey.
  10. The return does actually involve infiltration of the foot headquarters.
  11. The resolution does involve a head chop instead of a garbage truck.

That's not to say the 1990 movie did a better job in terms of qualitative similarities, but when it comes to the quantitative the 2003 show wins out. About the only thing 1990 is closer in is that it kept the Shredder human.

Not fully sure how to classify some things however. The Foot is clearly more than just a gang of thugs in the comic, but they're not secretly an attempt to launch an invasion of the Utrom homeworld either...
This list has some good points but seems flawed to me. For instance, "Splinter losing an ear" points out something the movie does differently from the comics, and uses it as a point for 2k3. But if we are going to look at all the things 2k3 does that differentiates from the comics, you are going to have a completely different looking list. Example: One point for the 1990 movie because the turtles don't encounter Hun. Another point for 1990 because the turtles never fight the "Garbageman" antagonist in the 1990 film. See what I mean?

Anyways, I was coming at this from more of a "which do you prefer?" stance, but I thought I'd chime in here.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote