View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 11:51 AM   #317
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
NYC Toyfare revealed the new wave of Marvel Legends figures...including the new Mary Jane/Spider-Man two-pack, which, interestingly, pairs her with the Parker Industries version.
Heard that Mary Jane was getting a figure. Was hoping to get one when they come out. Not sure I'd want the Tron Spider-Man though. Hope you can get them separately (also hope that they sell a regular Spider-Man at the same scale). As far as them packaging the two together, I have noticed that while the comics themselves were trying to sell the idea that MJ and Peter are over and done and were never a good idea in the first place, the merchandising and other tie-ins seemed to present them as star-crossed lovers, at worse. (I specifically recall a post-OMD reference book that specifically labeled MJ as Peter's "one true love," something I was a little surprised they were allowed to do.)

So, it could be a clue of future plans, or just the marketing being a little more flexible. (After all, Spider-Man and MJ are consistently one of the more popular couples in the Marvel franchise.)

At any rate, the toys look nice. I hope that this line doesn't have the stiff hinge problem I've sometimes seen with hyper-jointed action figures like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Top 100 for January

https://www.previewsworld.com/Articl...Selling-Comics

Probably the most noteworthy thing for this thread is Hydra Cap, the centerpiece of Secret Empire, was outsold last month by an issue of Renew Your Vows focusing on Annie May Parker. People are more interested in Peter's kid than the centerpiece of the 2017 summer blockbuster event. Let that sink in.
Wasn't HYDRA Cap almost universally hated? I may not know how comics work, but wouldn't a smaller series about a more popular character's franchise, that was building off of a smash hit and was part of a series that has been a fan-favorite be more likely to do better by default?