View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 04:11 PM   #37
Sumac
Banned

Finally has watched OOTS.
Didn't expect anything and...was pleasantly surprised!
It's basically feature length Live Action version of the Original Cartoon. And, as a fan of OT, I liked it.

Yeah, it's a dumb nonsense, with no interesting arcs or character development, but it's the closets thing to OT I had seen in years (Turtles Forever doesn't count and neither 2k12 did it for me), so it's stroke all the right spots.

Pros:
- action scenes were awesome (especially one on the plane and later);
- Turtles interactions are on point;
- Turtles are in spotlight, unlike first movie;
- no attempts at convoluted plot, everything is straightforward;
- Bebop and Rocksteady were awesome!
- Krang was awesome!
- "Puzzledrome" was an interesting idea;
- it was nice to see Turtles being recognized as a heroes, would have been interesting how it would've worked in the next movie (if there was one);

Cons:
- Turtles designs were still ugly as ****;
- Casey Jones and Shredder were useless in the movie, though Casey's fight with Foots was good;
- Mirage purists gonna cry bloody tears (and I don't care about them );

I wouldn't it even say that it is a guilty pleasure, because, production qualities are very good and movie wears on its sleeve what it is, so no delusions and deceptions. It's dumb and fun comedy action about giant turtles fighting rhino,'hog and a brain in a robot.
If someone expected heavy drama from it...LOL...

So, overall, it's much better than the first movie, though I dunno, where to put in my list of TMNT movies, since it is very different from any of them. Maybe the closest to the Secret of the Ooze.

It's not the movie I would like to see to be made, but as it is, I like it.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote