Thread: Discrimination
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 02:55 PM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

Discrimination

So it seems lately there's been many discussions about the subject of discrimination on the internet and the media, so I was wondering: have you ever suffered discrimination in your life? And by this I mean the sort of discrimination that hits you the hardest. Not getting made fun for liking wrestling(me in 10th grade) or the Ninja Turtles more than it's socially acceptable to do so.

As far as I know, I have never been a victim of racism or xenophobia in my entire life to this day. And I don't count some idiot or troll on the internet yelling insults at me after I beat him on an online game or after I disagreed with him in an online discussion and he had no arguments left except insulting me. I'm talking about real life here. Sure, I've had people of all backgrounds being rude dicks to me, but afaik, racism or xenophobia weren't behind it at all. I always assume that when someone is a dick to me it's because they just personally don't like me or find my appearance odd(for years I've had long hair and a bit unkempt facial hair. heavy metal \m/).

Perhaps I am lucky. What about you? Got any stories to tell?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote