View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 01:44 PM   #816
Vegita-San
Emperor

Where the hell to begin on this?

Spoiler:
First off: Disney is doing this all wrong. their grand plan is to get rid of all the old characters out of the way, so the new ones can have a chance to shine. and to do this, they are basically copying, ALMOST beat for beat, the original trilogy bit by bit.

The Entire Cave/Cavern sequence was pointless. another retread that went nowhere.

The Rose/Finn sub plot was a fricken Retread of THE FORCE AWAKENS! he basically learns NOTHING from the first movie and goes through the EXACT Same beats again. only this time, useless character #1 Rose is being substituted for Rey.

If there is a love triangle in the third one, god help me.

Gorilla walkers. Walkers in general. Why the hell where they even NEEDED in this? they did nothing! All to setup a ESB moment that fell flat.

Other stuff that fell flat.
Humor.

some of it works, ALOT does not.
Kylo battering hux around in the walker, and the pilot saying 'immediatly sir'. that works.

Having Poes foot break through a starfighter base, and the 'I believe he is tooling you, sir'... lines do not.

I agree with Mark Hamil. Every decision done with luke on this is WRONG WRONG WRONG. especially the flashback scene with him and ben. It was simply another excuse to call back to the 'he could be another vader' plot line.

Anyone who thinks this is NOT a retread of ESB and ROTJ thrown together needs to take the new nostalgia glasses off. some shots copied beat for beat. Yoda walking around in ghost form. rey having the handcuffs shot off her. the light saber flying to her hand.

I have no real desire now to see the Han Solo movie...that'll probably be a rental. and the ONLY reason I will probably go see 9 is because my father still enjoys these movies. otherwise, I think it'll be a rental too.

The best way to describe this movie? Disjointed as hell.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote