View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 11:02 AM   #11
pferreira
Foot Elite

Character arcs? You were expecting serialisation? Is this Lost? Probably for the best it isn't...

Some characters like Splinter pretty much stay the same all the way through however some change.

Leo - starts as a overconfident but becomes insecure as the series goes on yet it proves to himself he's not perfect.

Raph - starts off as a joker who doesn't care much but by the end of the show he becomes serious about what's going on

Don - not much change. Don's inventions became much more reliable and less reckless as the series went on. He also questioned his heritage more.

Mike - over time matures and becomes more used to his environment and it's challenges.

Shredder/Krang - start out hating and trying to get one over each other. By the end of the series becomes frenemies.

Bebop/Rocksteady - get more used to being mutants.

Baxter - unfortunately his memory deteriorates with every returning encounter. Poor guy.

April - starts off looking for a hot story but by helping the TMNT realises she can help save the world, by the end of the series she's pretty much independent of even the TMNT.

There's probably more. Andrew not sure if you're trying to troll, I'll let the mods decide but if you have it's failed as the above shows there was actual character arcs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
This would be funny, except I've seen people on here insist that Fred Wolf characters HAD development and arcs.

No. No, they did not.
So you really didn't watch the series did you? I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
This is a legitimate question. The shows characters did have changes over time, but not in the same way as other tmnt shows since it was more episodic in nature. I'll try and give a list of what I remember, although there's probably more in the 193 episodes of the show that I've missed.
What I'm worried about is you gave this more serious thought that Andrew probably expected i.e. you took it seriously but kudos for doing so.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote