View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 01:43 PM   #5
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

After playing the first three games, I can only say this:

Why have I only discovered this great franchise after over 20 years have gone by since its first game?!

While the first game was "Nintendo Hard", it had beautiful visuals, great writing, and fun gameplay; which carried over in the next games. Due to how much care and creativity that went into its games, it's a shame that it took over 6 years before they'd make another game (even if it was just an HD port). With the success of New 'n' Tasty, I hope that SoulStorm is just as (if not more) successful since not only is it a 3D HD remake of another of the original Abe games, but it's basically going to be what Lorne Lanning wanted Abe's Exoddus to be but was forced to cut out due to time constraints and hardware limits (they only had a year since Oddysee came out to make this game, forcing them to use the same engine as Exoddus' predecessor and giving them a rather tight budget. It's actually a miracle that Exoddus is still an awesome game, especially to today's many AAA titles...). It's going to be darker just like the first game and feel more like an expansion than just a graphics update. I can't wait for Autumn.

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote