View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 11:55 AM   #327
miru
Mad Scientist

Fleetway has approximately 40 issues of original content, with 35 being part of the main magazines. The others are poster mags, holiday specials, and a special for the BBC. There are 13 issues of Titan Magazines, and at least 61 of Panini. I think there's around 70 issues of Division TMNT, and they've been in somewhere around 20 issues of Il Giornalino. The comic strip was released daily from December 10, 1990 until January 1997. This means there were approximately 2215 strips released. I also heard there were Canadian and British comic strips made. For promo comics, there's the Warriors of the Forgotten Sewer comic, the 3 Ralston-Purina ones, the Takara pack-in manga of which there are at least 3, the coin-toons...

Not sure how many total Dengeki chapters there are, but they did 4 individual mangas. There's also the 6-part Comic Bom Bom series. The "Mutant Turtles Gaiden" series is pretty much Japan's equivalent to the Archie comic, and a big reason why I don't get how the 2k3 series flopped in Japan. Not to mention tons of "story pages" and little surreal comic-strips that often involved screenshots of the toys. Nintendo Power Vol. 7 also had a TMNT comic present, much like Ladies’ Home Journal(though without franchise alumni this time). There's also the oddity that is the Street Collector's Edition. Grandreams released 3 annuals and 1 Special.

Should the weird Russian bootleg comics be included? Or Andrew Modeen's excellent "Oddysey?"

Update: Here's some stuff on (one of?) the British TMNT strips!

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...32&postcount=9

EDIT: Do the tea cards count?

Last edited by miru; 09-24-2018 at 03:38 PM.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote