View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 09:45 PM   #1478
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
So, i'm re watching this mess of a movie on amazon rental. I think my initial feelings on it where spot on. although I will admit I get so tired of tearing it apart, it almost feels like it SHOULD be watchable if you don't turn your brain on.

This thing contradicts itself left and right. most noteable with luke and reyben. Also Yoda's line to luke telling him rey already knows what's in the books and doesn't need them... so, why does she take them? sigh..

Admiral Gender Studies is femenism personified. She only becomes KIND of likeable when she says she likes Poe as he's un conscious. and even that is only because laura durn makes the goofy line that comes out of nowhere work.

Rose's 'we fight to save what we love' speech as she sneaks off a quick smooch as the death star laser just about kills her remaining friends is even more GD goofy on second viewing than it was the first time. Finn could have saved the day and gone out a hero, but this love sick crazy almost doomed them all while getting them both killed in a crash? ugh.

Most of this movie feels like a CW teen love drama between rey and ben. That also contradicts itself each act. not star wars.

The Code Breaker is utterly useless. how the hell did he even KNOW about the cloaked ships? on second viewing, Poe didn't find out until he was aboard, and he knew they failed before that so he had no time to tell them a plan he didn't know.

Gorriala walkers that do nothing other than to show that the standard walker design advanced in 30 years since. a Salt planet that might as well be ice. Goofy fox critters that solve a problem the resistance fighters shouldn't have that late in the movie.

ugh. I'm probably going to wind up seeing nine because my father still likes these things, but I Really have no interest in it.
You secretly love this movie despite its flaws, I can tell...

You just keep coming back for more like a desperate ex.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote