View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 09:37 AM   #86
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

I still have some memory getting into this show. Back in 1989 I was introduced to the toys by a friend. He talked to me about it, and by the end of the year, the FW series became my favorite show(beating out Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers and Duck Tales at the time).

The series was a huge part of my childhood. Being a fan back then is a bit of an understatement from me. I was homeschooled, sheltered, had/have CP(talking for the most part was more trouble than it was worth as a kid), and had VERY few friends. In my head, fan fiction concerning the Turtles was a constant thing for years as a kid.

Before the series ended, I came across both the Archie and Mirage Turtle comic lines and enjoyed what I read of them. To this day, I'm not really into comic books at all. Also, I do understand enough about quality these days that FW is technically one of the "lesser" of the incarnations, but I still am a fan of it. And I'll be doing an all-Universe encompassing Turtle marathon starting next Fall. Also plan on officially introducing it to my children when the time comes(already done so with my wife).

Last edited by biganimefan; 09-13-2017 at 09:46 AM.
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote