View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 10:08 PM   #69
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
It lived down to my expectations. In my opinion, Tom King is hugely overrated and probably his own biggest fan. Every time he entices me with an interesting setup or beginning of an arc (I Am Suicide, I Am Bane, War of Jokes and Riddles, the wedding), he always ends up pissing me off with the execution or the endgame.

I cherry-pick the issues I read by him now... haven't entirely cut off the Batman series, but considering it. The wedding issue was just... boring. And, of course, enraging. And the last page seems like a "trust me, guys, I'll make it all up to you and worth it in the end!" kinduva thing.

My thoughts, basically? "Aw, fvck you." You had the chance to do something amazing, and you didn't. But I'll give the man credit--he does what he wants, and he obviously believes in the stories he's writing. I admire that. I hate his stories, but I kinda admire the man for writing them.

ADDED: Oh, and for the record, I hated the whole Grayson series, too. Superspy James Bond Dick Grayson... again, I admire the man for doing something bold and different, but I despised it.
Man, I read part of one issue of The War of Jokes and Riddles and man, that is the perfect way to describe it; you hear a title like that and think it would be something so cool and then the execution is just totally botched or the plot is just absolutely wack

The "we're gonna make it alllll worth it!" promise is the most-broken vow in comics

Anybody got any nice panels to share? This cover of Harley Quinn is pretty great, I'm tuning in for this story arc at least since it seems like it'll be enjoyably madcap and crazy

Spoiler:

And I just had to share this opening scene from the first issue of Cosmic Ghost Rider, it's so great
Spoiler:

And finally a panel from this week'week's Paper Girls

Spoiler:
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote